My Life

Monday, September 25, 2006

Bad Rudy!

The mean dog that I live with and I are officially no longer friends. I always thought I was a dog person, until I lived with this one!

My garden - after months of nurturing, I finally had 1 cantaloupe and 1 pumpkin. It had become a race with time to see if they would mature before the first frost. Or so I thought.

I got home from Chicago late last night, so I didn't go check them as I usually do when I get home. But when I got home from work today I went outside, excited to see how much my pumpkin had grown since I last saw it on Friday. I know it's silly, but I've really enjoyed my garden this year. Even though it hasn't been particularly prolific, there has been a lot of satisfaction in seeing things grow, and I'm determined to do better next year. If I'm not living in a condo in Chicago...

So, last week when I checked on the pumpkin the dumb dog had taken a small chunk out of it. Now, understand that this is after he thinned my pumpkins for me a few months ago, and sat on my tomatoe plants earlier that week. He's been pretty good, with the garden at least, until the last week. So I moved the fence that used to be around my zucchinni for reinforcements, and thought it would be fine. When I went out today, I was devastated! The fence was knocked down on two out of three sides, the cantaloupe had been knocked to the ground, and looks like it's dieing (maybe not the dog's fault) the not only did the pumpkin have many more bites out of it, but the vine had been snapped at the base.
boo hoo :(

I'll post a picture later.

I'm pretending Judy, the dog's owner, just doesn't know, and not that she just didn't tell me. Dumb dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home