My Life

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Summer Internship - South Africa

MBAs are expected to do an internship between their first and second years - usually one that relates to the field they want to get into. I chose a rather untraditional route, however, and went to Cape Town, South Africa to do some work with two different NGOs. I worked on developing a business plan and strategy for a football (soccer) program that would encourage youth to seek opportunities for growth outside of the sporting arena for an organization called Youth Unlimited, partner of Catholic Welfare and Development. My other project was performing a feasibility analysis for a joint venture with a commercial company to set up a dry-goods packaging plant. Oh, and I also got to travel a bit while I was there. These giraffes, just yards from our jeep while we were on safari, were seen grazing in the trees just off my patio as I was relaxing later in the day back at the lodge.



Giraffes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home